Pigs in Blankets
The classic pig in blanket is one of the most popular Christmas products we make and has becoming a year-round staple.
Our classic free range pork chipolata sausage wrapped in dry cured streaky bacon. It's meant to be a 'side' for the Christmas feast, but next to a Gammon joint, we'd call it the star!
Everything is better with bacon!
How To Cook
Why Not Try....
Pig in blankets toad in the hole
- Tip the flour and mustard powder, if using, into a bowl, and beat in the eggs until smooth. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until all of it has been incorporated and the batter is lump-free. Season and set aside. Wrap a bacon rasher around each sausage. The batter and the pigs in blankets will keep covered and chilled, separately, for up to 12 hrs.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Drizzle the oil into a large, deep roasting tin or enamel baking dish, and put in the oven for a few minutes to heat up. Carefully add the pigs in blankets and tip back and forth to coat in the hot oil. Roast for 15-20 mins, turning over halfway through, until sizzling and browned.
- Carefully remove the tin from the oven and, working quickly, pour the batter around the pigs in blankets. Return to the oven and bake for 25 mins without opening the oven door. When the toad in the hole is ready, it should be puffed up and deep golden brown. If you prefer it darker brown, bake for 5 mins more. Serve with gravy and green veg.
- 140g plain flour
- 2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 10 Pacdon Park pig's in blankets
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil or lard
- gravy and steamed green veg, to serve